Summer has us itching to get out and play, and Wellington never fails to deliver the goods. From lounging with a drink in hand to exploring the region’s wild side, there’s no shortage of fun to be had. Take advantage of these warm summer days and check out some of our favorite sunny day activities!
Get on the water!
Wellington is surrounded by the sea, giving us heaps of options when it comes to playing in the big bath. The question is, which toy is right for you?
- Located in the city center, Fergs Kayaks has everything you need for a day on the water. Grab a SUP board and paddle over to Oriental Bay for an unforgettable beach day.
- Ever wanted to learn to sail? Wellington Ocean Sports offers a variety of affordable courses for people with any level of experience.
- Grab the East by West Ferry over to Days Bay and pick up a kayak from The Boatshed. Pro tip: it’s free to take your bike across on the ferry!
- Have a surf at Lyall Bay – just pop in to Real Surf to grab all you need.
- Get IN the water! You don’t need a boat to have fun, check out our Top Wellington Beaches list and hop right in.